Friday, January 1, 2010

The New Year's Running Goal

For 2009, my major running goal was to average six miles per day, or 2190 for the year. I ended up with 2282, which isn't bad for a 47 year-old man with independent knees, and a short attention span.
My goal this calendar year is to run every single day, regardless of the weather, illness, infirmity, schizophrenia, or morbid rectal itching. The minimum run will be two miles-the maximum is limitless. If I do the Western States 100, I'll get in at least two the next day, regardless of lost toes.
I'll also put here a few details from that day's run: mileage, weather, how many times I spit on cars that crowded me.
So, here we go. I'm perfect so far. I got in six today, the temperature was 11 degrees, with a slight wind bringing the chill factor down to 2 degrees. My time was 47:22, which gave me an average pace of 7:54/mile. I did not have to stop even once for traffic, which doesn't happen often. I did have to haul ass across Metcalf Avenue, through a red light, which pissed off a couple of drivers, who spit on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment