Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Birdman of Overland Park 1/20/10

Today's run was pretty uneventful, although I did flip-off a school bus driver. He squeezed me way too close to the curb. I also put an imprint of my right hand on his vehicle's rear end. My rule is that if I'm close enough to slap it, it's too f***ing close.

I started out tired and grouchy, with the intent of only going 4 miles. As related above, I was still irritable at that point, so I kept going until I felt more sociable. I went my usual 6, but it should have been 60, as the little old lady pushing the baby carriage- accompanied by the Boy Scout-all of whom I flattened crossing Metcalf Avenue, will attest. (Just because you're in the crosswalk, clowns, doesn't mean you have something approaching diplomatic immunity: I am RUNNING here!)

Hoping to get more sleep, and less caffeine, tonight.

Thanks for humoring me.

No comments:

Post a Comment