Monday, March 15, 2010

A Sign of Maturity March 14, 2010

I didn't run today. I got dressed for it, did my core exercises, walked out of the building, then...walked back into the building and went to bed. I had caught a chill at some point, and just couldn't shake it. I didn't warm up, no matter what I did. I turned up the heater. Then I burned our credit card bills-that was quite a blaze, and our hearts were filled with joy, but it didn't make me feel any better physically.

So, I took a zero for the day. There was a time not all that long ago when I ran with a fever. I cut my route short that day because I couldn't breathe, and I felt like my skin was on fire. It turned out that I had an ear infection requiring antibiotics, and my running had not helped at all. Well, it might have helped the ER staff at the hospital to have something to laugh about during their long, stressful shifts.

No miles today; no problem. I'll take another whack at it again tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment