Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Poetic License to Murder3/31/10

Papi didn't run today-long or otherwise. I am under the weather, again, and had absolutely no zip this morning. I can't breathe through my nose, and I have to urinate every five minutes, which makes me seem like an incontinent Neanderthal. Tomorrow is my day off, and I am scheduled for a twenty-miler. If I can't get it done, I may have to switch from the marathon to the half in Lawrence.

Since I had time this morning, I did get the laundry folded, and a Pablo Neruda poem translated from Spanish to English. One line did give me a lot of trouble, however. The best I could do with the penultimate line from En Ti La Tierra was "I measure hardly the eyes most extended to the sky..." Maybe I need to get a bigger dictionary, and stop using the one that fits into my wallet. Lo siento, Pablo.

Thanks for humoring me.

No comments:

Post a Comment