Thursday, April 15, 2010

Penguins and Paolo 4/14/10

Well, it was a beautiful day for anything: From arrowhead hunting, to zebra tipping. I did my little six-miler at a reasonable pace, getting some sun on my penguin tattoo in the process. It makes him look Italian. Which makes me think that...

To be a live penguin in an Italian zoo would have to be one of the coolest things ever. First, the Italians know ice. Wouldn't it be great to live on an enormous island of gelato al limon? Second, even though your habitat was kept cold, outside is this beautiful, warm, sunny place. So, whenever you get tired of eating herring and diving into the near-freezing water, you can towel off, throw on some sunscreen, and head over to the zoo bistro for some wine and bruschetta.

I have a greatest hits CD by an Italian singer named Paolo Conte. You get the feeling from the picture on the cover, that this guy started smoking cigarettes when he was about four. He plays piano in a Dixieland saloon style, and sings in a sweet, gravelly style that is just north of Tom Waits. And, he looks like a penguin. Check him out sometime.

Thanks for humoring me.

No comments:

Post a Comment