Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Springsteen Reference February 9, 2010

We had the kind of weather today that makes you realize that we must all work toward a nuclear weapon-free world. Why? Because it was Nuclear Winter cold out there. And the wind was blowing right through houses and turning them into piles of toothpicks, just as if it had been generated by an H-Bomb blast. We're talking Ice Road Truckers cold here. If there were a Tenth Avenue around here, it would be frozen out. Even Nanook would have said, "Day-um!" if he'd been out seal hunting today.

And, actually, he was. Over at the little corporate pond near the office building. I saw him early in my 7-mile run. He caught a big one, and gave me some of the blubber to wear inside my jacket for added insulation. He knew without my telling him that I needed a little help. A very intuitive Inuit. But seal hunting, especially without a license, is frowned upon in this part of Kansas, so he and his family had to light out in their kayak to avoid the Sheriff. Only I was left to tell the tale.

Thanks for humoring me.

No comments:

Post a Comment