Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snowballs 2/06/10

We had a wet snowfall last night and early this morning. The temperature stayed at, or above, freezing, so the streets were watery, but not icy. I didn't feel great at the start, owing to an incoming head cold, but out I went into the pre-dawn slush.

Some of the tree branches had collected clumps of snow, which had an appearance similar to round, white Christmas ornaments. One short, bushy tree was covered in these snowballs, reminding me of a stalk of cauliflower. And, the image of a black ribbon of asphalt winding between the white yards on either side was quite beautiful as I worked my way along.

Today would have been Bob Marley's 65th birthday. If I believed in a karmic form of Divine Justice, I would say that Mr. Marley was put on this Earth to even out the damage done to the world by Ronald Reagan, who was born on the same day, many years earlier, in an idyllic Illinois village. That Bob died the year Ron took office is the reason why I don't believe in karma, or Divine Justice.

Get up, stand up...

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment