Sunday, February 7, 2010

A Sick Man 2/7/10

The running experts say that you don't have to miss runs, just because you have a head cold. As long as it is only in your head, not in the throat or lungs, you should be able to do your daily run with only a moderate chance of major organ failure. My mother, when she found out I exploited this "logic" when deciding to run today, said that my brain had already failed. I should also clarify that my brain is not a "major" organ.

The weird thing is that I had a pretty good six miles today. I didn't go long, and I didn't go hard, and I didn't feel any worse when I was done. So what if my head felt like a bale of hay? I don't remember where I went, or what day it is, but dat's a'ight. I still hustled along. In fact, it was one of my quicker paces for the week. So it wasn't just a sick run-yo, it was SICK!

Thanks for humoring me.

No comments:

Post a Comment